- Stay CALM! This is not about shouting
- Come down so you're on your child's level, maintain eye contact and hold still
- Choose a short phrase your child will recognize and that you feel comfortable repeating
- Lightly hold your child's shoulders if you need him/her to focus, without being rough or restraining
- Using a low tone of voice, deliver your message, telling him/her in simple terms what it is he/she did wrong. Ask if he/she understands.
- Warn your child that if the behavior continues there will be consequences
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.