She is voiced by Jenell Brook Slack in all 3 games and Supernanny: The Theory Animated (English) . In the Japanese version, she is voiced by Makiko Ohmoto (the voice of Kirby and Ness from Nintendo). She was portrayed by Sarojini Bobbalu in the Team Bobbalu version of Supernanny: The Theory of Time, though. She is also the main character in her own spin-off game Sophie the Otter: Tough Girl. Her theme song is Otter Power.
Fame Checker Ranks Supernanny: The Theory of Nicole: 2
Supernanny The Theory 2: 13
Supernanny: The Theory International: 23
Highest Rank: 2
The following is a list of Sophie the Otter's relatives, as shown in the profile for the Theory series (passport in International)
Stepfather: Redolfo Otter
Mother: Anna "Nanner" Otter
Sister: Sydney Otter
Aunt: Opal Otter
Uncle: Ernest Otter
Cousins: Peanut Otter, Jelly Otter, and Butter Otter
Note: All relatives are from the Disney show, PB&J Otter except Sydney.
She is an orange otter with a snow white belly, long black hair, round glasses, a bright yellow and bow with 2 blue circles on the front and back of the bow, and brown Converse shoes (which is actually Lake Hoohaw's style according to her profile). Her body style is that of Jelly Otter from PB&J Otter. She also had a small fish-shaped birthmark on the right side of her neck that can be seen only in the first two Theory games and Sophie the Otter: Tough Girl, but starting in the Theory International, the birthmark is no longer present. Her sleepwear consists of hot pink footsie pajamas with a purple turtleneck collar. It also completely covers the tail. Whenever she has trouble sleeping, she puts on a purple sleeping mask.
On a few occasions, her hair is in a ponytail. For example, in Sophie the Otter: Tough Girl, she has her hair in a ponytail only in the secret levels (which are her sliding down the level on her belly) because she wants to prevent her hair from getting dirty or caught in something.
Also, in the 14th world of Sophie the Otter: Tough Girl called the 1930's World, she turns black and white and she does not have her glasses. She is pie-eyed instead of having normal eyes, and gains Mickey Mouse-like gloves. This also applies to the other playable characters if they are in the said world.
She is a highly intelligent character with an IQ of a whopping 150 and is usually polite and helpful. Her feelings vary depending on the situation occurring. So, her moods can range from peppy and innocent to furious and frustrated, but her mood is mostly positive. She rarely believes in a tough approach because she is always helping children learn from their mistakes when they do something wrong.
- Whenever she runs out of health, stars circle around her head.
- She is 12 in the original. The sequel shows her being 13, and in International, she is 14, and stays that age for the rest of the games
- Her running style in full speed is similar to that of real-life otters (running on all fours while slightly flopping her back). But her walking style is that of a normal human's.
- Her birthplace is Lake Hoohaw from PB&J Otter. After her birth, her mother Anna decided to move back to Howdydoo Island with her. The same occurred to Sydney, which was roughly 3 years ago. When Anna married Redolfo, the couple and their daughters moved to Lake Hoohaw.
- She has the same brain mixed with Peanut and Jelly Otter from PB&J Otter as well as Laura from Adventures of the Little Koala and Kulche from the LocoRoco franchise.
- She likes all kinds of seafood.
- Her favorite PB&J Otter songs are No Place We'd Rather Be, From Our Heart, and Bubble-O Popple-O. In Supernanny: The Theory DIY, she creates reorchestrated versions of these three songs along with other PB&J Otter music as well as 45 pop songs by modern artists.
- She is the youngest out of all commanders in the Theory series.
- She is interested in studying foreign languages.
- She has Asperger's Syndrome, despite being an otter.
- She is astraphobic, which means that she is afraid of thunder and lightning.
- She has asthma, as she occasionally uses an inhaler.
- Her astrological sign is Aquarius, which granted her the ability of water manipulation.
Swim extremely fluently and fast
Aqua Current (Propels herself on a water current, as shown in Supernanny: The Theory of Nicole)
Blow Bubbles of various sizes
Extend her tail to great lengths
Create whirlpools to trap enemies
Chinese (Taiwan): 水水獭 Shuǐ shuǐtǎ (Water Otter)
Chinese (China): 水电水獭 Shuǐdiàn shuǐtǎ (Hydro Otter)
Cantonoese: 海洋小动物 Hǎiyáng xiǎo dòngwù (Marine Critter)
Russia: Софи воды Ласка Sofi vody Laska (Sophie Water Weasel)
Korean: 소피 달 Sopi dal (Sophie Otter)
Arabic: كيد المياه (Water Kid)
German: Flüssige Mädchen (Liquid Girl)
See the main gallery at Sophie the Otter/Gallery.